Q: Can I invite multiple volunteers to register with Charity Republic at once?
A: Yes, administrators have the ability to send a batch invite selected volunteers.
– Select the button on the main Volunteers tab (top right)
– A list of all active volunteers will appear with the option to select all the volunteers you would like to invite
– When you have checked off all of the desired volunteers, click the button in the top right to send out email invitations
Q: How do I delete a volunteer from Charity Republic?
A: To delete a volunteer:
– Select the button in the volunteer’s profile (top right)
– A confirmation pop-up box will appear
– Click OK to delete the profile
NOTE: Once a volunteer’s account has been deleted, all of the information associated with the profile will also be deleted.
Q: Can I disable access for a volunteer but still keep their demographic information?
A: Yes, you have the ability to revoke access for a volunteer so that they no longer have the ability to log in or view/edit their profile.
– Select the button in the volunteer’s profile (General tab)
– A confirmation pop-up box will appear
– Click OK to revoke the volunteer’s access
NOTE: By revoking access for a volunteer, a volunteer will no longer be able to log into their account, but you will still be able to view and edit their profile.
Q: Is there a way to track a volunteer’s availability?
A: An organization can track detailed availability for scheduling via the Availability section (in a volunteer’s profile).
1. Select Availability icon (along top of volunteer’s profile)
2. Select symbol (top right) to track new availability
3. Select the dates range and select if that the volunteer is available or unavailable.
4. Use the Description to add any specific comments or notes about the times the volunteer can be scheduled
5. Click the Timeslots on the left to indicate the different days and times they can volunteer
7. Make sure to click Save!
NOTE: You can run a report on the availability of all your volunteers.
You can also add a more general date ranges to indicate whether a volunteer is available or unavailable. Under time slots you can indicate the different times a volunteer is available (i.e. Monday Morning, Tuesday Afternoon)
NOTE: Morning is considered anytime before 12:00PM. Afternoon is from 12:00PM-6:00PM. Evening is anytime after 6:00PM.
Q. How do I track a volunteer’s financial contributions in their Charity Republic profile?
A: Within the volunteer’s profile, navigate to the ‘Demographics’ tab along the left-hand side navigation – immediately following the ‘Referral’ field, you are given the ability to note whether a volunteer is a Donor, Fundraiser, Sponsor (or all three!).
TIP: You can generate a report to track all of your volunteers’ financial contributions using the ‘Volunteer Demographics’ Report.
Q: How do I register as a volunteer with Charity Republic?
The organization you volunteer for will send you an email inviting a volunteer to register an account with Charity Republic. Both the subject line and the message will include the name of the organization you are volunteering for.
- Select the Accept link in the email message (outlined in red here). This takes you to a Charity Republic registration page.
- Ignore the fields where you can enter a username and password. These are for existing users. Below this is the option to create an account.
- Select button (outlined in red) to create an account with your own username and password. You will then be taken to the volunteer registration page.
- Select button after entering your details. You will automatically be signed in and you can start using Charity Republic right away.
NOTE: This is the username and password you will use to log in moving forward. The Log In page is accessible via Charity Republic’s home page.
NOTE: A volunteer can’t register directly on Charity Republic (i.e. via the Register button on our home page; that’s the registration page for organizations). Volunteers must receive an email invitation to register an account (as per instructions above).
NOTE: A volunteer can register with a different email then the email used for the invitation. You can check the General tab on the volunteer’s profile to view the email used when signing up.
Click here to download this information as a PDF document to share with your volunteers.
Q: Can I add an emergency contact for a Volunteer?
A: Yes, you are able to add multiple contacts for a volunteer including an emergency contact(s).
- To add a new contact, select a volunteer, then select the Contacts tab in the volunteer’s profile
- Click , then select the contact type (Emergency) from the drop down menu. Add the contact name and relevant contact information (e.g. phone number, email address)
TIP: Entering Dates and Times
There are multiple ways to optimally use the date and time fields. You can type in a specific date (dd/mm/yyyy), select the calendar icon , or use arrows to scroll between days, months, and years.
For example, click on the year (it will be highlighted gray) and type in the desired year or scroll up and down using your arrow keys to move from one year to another.
Q: Can I hide or disable certain fields?
A: Yes, there are a couple of options available for hiding and disabling fields.
Lock a Volunteer Profile:
There is a lock option in a volunteer’s profile (top-right). When selected, a volunteer can view all fields in their profile but the volunteer cannot edit those fields.
NOTE: Volunteers can only view their own profiles and not those of other volunteers. All Notes are hidden from a volunteer unless otherwise indicated by the Administrator or Supervisor.
Field Access Options:
Administrators have the ability to disable and hide certain fields. Visit the Organization section (i.e. select your organization’s name along the left-hand side) and select the Options tab.
Under Field Access Options, select one of the following options beside the field listed:
– Volunteers, supervisors, and administrators can view and edit this field (default)
– Supervisors and administrators can view and edit this field
– This field has been disabled and cannot be viewed or edited
NOTE: Administrators have the ability to view and modify all fields.