Q: How can I connect (or link) two accounts together?
A: To connect two or more accounts, please follow the steps below:
1. Ensure you are logged into your main account.
2. Accept the email invitation or Send (“Save and Invite”) and Accept the invitation from the user profile you wish to connect your main account to (refer to relevant FAQ).
Once accepted, the new account will automatically connect to your main account.
TIP: To switch between accounts, either click directly on the left toolbar, or use the drop-down in the top left corner of your dashboard.
Q. What are the different colours that appear on the schedule?
A. There are 4 colours that will show when you are scheduling volunteers on the calendar depending on the positions that have been filled for each shift.
- Events without positions = grey
- All positions have been filled = green
- Some positions have been partially filled = orange
- There are no positions that are filled = red
Q: Can I invite multiple volunteers to register with Charity Republic at once?
A: Yes, administrators have the ability to send a batch invite selected volunteers.
– Select the button on the main Volunteers tab (top right)
– A list of all active volunteers will appear with the option to select all the volunteers you would like to invite
– When you have checked off all of the desired volunteers, click the button in the top right to send out email invitations
Q: How do I delete a volunteer from Charity Republic?
A: To delete a volunteer:
– Select the button in the volunteer’s profile (top right)
– A confirmation pop-up box will appear
– Click OK to delete the profile
NOTE: Once a volunteer’s account has been deleted, all of the information associated with the profile will also be deleted.
Q: Can I disable access for a volunteer but still keep their demographic information?
A: Yes, you have the ability to revoke access for a volunteer so that they no longer have the ability to log in or view/edit their profile.
– Select the button in the volunteer’s profile (General tab)
– A confirmation pop-up box will appear
– Click OK to revoke the volunteer’s access
NOTE: By revoking access for a volunteer, a volunteer will no longer be able to log into their account, but you will still be able to view and edit their profile.
Q: Is there a way to track a volunteer’s availability?
A: An organization can track detailed availability for scheduling via the Availability section (in a volunteer’s profile).
1. Select Availability icon (along top of volunteer’s profile)
2. Select symbol (top right) to track new availability
3. Select the dates range and select if that the volunteer is available or unavailable.
4. Use the Description to add any specific comments or notes about the times the volunteer can be scheduled
5. Click the Timeslots on the left to indicate the different days and times they can volunteer
7. Make sure to click Save!
NOTE: You can run a report on the availability of all your volunteers.
You can also add a more general date ranges to indicate whether a volunteer is available or unavailable. Under time slots you can indicate the different times a volunteer is available (i.e. Monday Morning, Tuesday Afternoon)
NOTE: Morning is considered anytime before 12:00PM. Afternoon is from 12:00PM-6:00PM. Evening is anytime after 6:00PM.
Instead of adding volunteers manually one-by-one, we can upload a volunteer list for you.
- Click here for the template (available in Google Docs)
- Select File
- Select Download as > Microsoft Excel
Fill in the details and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will upload the password protected volunteer information to your account.
NOTE: If you are unable to access this file via Google Docs, then we can email you a copy in Excel format.
Q: Can I add an emergency contact for a Volunteer?
A: Yes, you are able to add multiple contacts for a volunteer including an emergency contact(s).
- To add a new contact, select a volunteer, then select the Contacts tab in the volunteer’s profile
- Click , then select the contact type (Emergency) from the drop down menu. Add the contact name and relevant contact information (e.g. phone number, email address)