Q: How do I add a volunteer opportunity?
A: Visit the Opportunities section to post opportunities for your volunteers or to recruit new volunteers.
- Select thebutton (top right) to create a new volunteer opportunity
NOTE: Most fields are optional and can be completed if applicable.
- In the General tab, enter the following information:
- Enter Name of the opportunity (e.g. Front Desk Receptionist)
- Dates (date range the opportunity is active)
- Department / Program that the opportunity is affiliated with
- Select the Site for the opportunity
- Select the Contact for the opportunity
- Enter a Description of the opportunity
- Publication Dates (date range for an opportunity to be viewable by your volunteers or the public). Learn more about Published and Public opportunities here.
- In the Position tab, select the position that an opportunity is associated with (if applicable)
- In the Goals & Benefits tab, enter the Goals and Expected Benefits
- In the Qualifications tab, enter the Required Qualifications and Training Provided
- In the Scheduling section, enter the time Commitment description, Duration details, and Timeslots that are needed
- In the Demographics section, enter the Required Gender and Required Age range for the opportunity (if applicable)
- Enter the Required Skills for the opportunity. Which skills are required for this opportunity?
- Enter the Developed Skills for the opportunity. Which skills are developed in this opportunity?
- the opportunity. Select to save and view the volunteer opportunity posting (i.e. this is the view existing and potential volunteers will see).
NOTE: When Published, existing and potential volunteers can input their contact information to express interest in a volunteer opportunity. All entries will appear in the Applications tab of the Opportunities section.