Q: How do I schedule a recurring shift?
- Create a new shift by clicking the green plus sign (1) (click here for steps on how to do so) or select a pre-existing shift (2)
- If you are creating a new shift, fill out the shift information (e.g. start and end date). For both new and pre-existing shifts, ensure that the start and end date is the same or else the recurring shift will not function properly.
- Click the Recurring tab (outlined in red)
- Note: If you selected a pre-existing shift and it is not the original shift, there will be a prompt you can click to take you to the original which you can then edit
- Once in the Recurring tab, you check the “this shift repeats” box (1, see image below).
- Select the frequency with which you want the shift to repeat from the dropdown menu (2). You can have shifts repeat across days, weeks, or months.
- In days and weeks, you can select what days of the week a shift repeats (3).
- You can select an End Date for your duplicating shifts or have them continue to appear on your schedule indefinitely (4)
- Check the box below the Ending date if you would like the position requirements to apply to all recurring shifts (e.g. if you need 5 volunteers for a particular position and that requirements applies to current and future recurring shifts)
- Select the button
- A pop-up will ask if you want changes to apply to this shift or all future shifts. Select “This and future shifts” to apply changes made to this shift to subsequent shifts
- You will then be taken back to the calendar view where you will see your recurring shifts scheduled
Q: How do I edit recurring shifts?
A: To edit recurring shifts you complete the following steps:
- Select the desired shift. If it is not the original you will be prompted to edit the original
- Note: Click Edit Original if you want to make changes that affect all recurring shifts, otherwise edit the duplicate shift if you only want to make changes to that shift
- Make the necessary changes to the shift (e.g. what days of the week it repeats, start and end times)
- Click Save
- A pop-up will ask if you want the changes to apply to this shift or this shift and future shifts
- Select “This shift” if you want the changes to apply only to the shift you are editing
- Select “This and future shifts” if you want the changes to apply to this shift and subsequent recurring shifts (again note that you have to be editing the original for changes to apply to all recurring shifts)
- Note: This pop-up only appears with recurring shifts. Recurring shifts are indicated by a checkmark in the “This shift repeats” box in the upper left corner of the Recurring tab
- Click OK
Q: How do I delete recurring shifts?
A: You can delete either all recurring shifts or just one shift
To delete all recurring shifts you:
- Select the desired shift and click the Recurring tab to see if it prompts you to edit the original shift
- Click Edit Original
- Once you are looking at the original shift, click Delete (top right) and select “This and future shifts” in the pop-up
- Click Ok
To delete one shift you:
- Select the desired shift
- Click Delete (top right)
- Select “This Shift” in the pop-up that appears
- Click OK
- Note: if you delete the original shift the next shift will become the original